The Role: Copywriter
Location: This job is work from anywhere (remote) with the option to come into the office. Must live in Arizona.
What’s the opportunity?
A chance to work with a talented, fun, and community-minded team. We value culture, people and doing standout work. It’s no coincidence that LAVIDGE has been named Arizona’s Top Advertising Agency and one of the state’s Best Places to Work.
While we work hard, life-work balance is valued, so we combine the convenience of remote work with a fun and comfortable Phoenix office in the Biltmore area. That means you can work at home, the office (or wherever), but will be available to attend planned and impromptu agency or client meetings in person when needed or when we want to collaborate.
We’re seeking a copywriter to create advertising materials across multiple platforms that engage the customer while staying true to the client’s brand philosophy.
Who should consider applying?
Anyone with professional copywriting experience using their writing and concepting abilities to create content for traditional print, TV and video, social, digital, and for guerrilla tactics. Successful candidates will have a strong copywriting portfolio.
Some details you’re probably wondering
In this capacity, as a full-time exempt employee, the copywriter reports to the Creative Director to:
- Concept and write copy across all platforms: print, social, interactive, TV/video and radio.
- Work closely with art director partner(s).
- Attend in-person shoots and audio sessions at Phoenix-based studios.
- Work with creative directors, art directors, designers, digital teams, web designers, producers and other team members.
- Present work to creative directors, internal teams and clients (in person as needed).
- Follow brand guidelines and drive brand consistency.
- Meet deadlines and be mindful of budgets.
- Qualifications that will make you stand out
- Curiosity, humor and kindness are all qualities we look for in teammates.
- Passion for the craft of copywriting, conceptual thinking, and cultural trends.
- Strong writing and concepting skills.
- Self-starter who isn’t afraid to ask for help.
- Professional attitude and openness to constructive feedback.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, English or related degree.
- 3 to 4 years of experience with an advertising agency.
- Portfolio that showcases experience creating memorable work.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love LAVIDGE:
When you join our team, you can expect solid work-life balance and fulfilling career potential in one of Phoenix’s most recognized and well-respected ad agencies. We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and we appreciate the value it adds to our agency. Why you’ll love LAVIDGE:
- Remote-first work environment with flexibility
- Beautiful office for collaboration with colleagues and clients
- LAVIDGE has been named Arizona’s Top Advertising Agency and one of the state’s Best Places to Work
- Competitive pay with opportunities for growth
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) with automatic enrollment
- 401(k) Plan with 100% vested annual Safe Harbor contribution
- Eight paid federal holidays
- Generous and flexible PTO with 15 PTO days immediately upon start date (number of PTO days increase with tenure).
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas and New Year’s Day—in addition to regular Paid-Time-Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Paid medical insurance premium for employees; family coverage available
- Dental, vision, and a discount healthcare pet plan offered for an incremental cost
- Employee wellness plan
- Employee mental health resources
- Employer-paid life insurance with the option to purchase short- and long-term disability plans
- We’re invested in our community; employees are encouraged to volunteer through LAVIDGE IMPACT
- Office supply gift cards
- Fun and team-building events
- LAVIDGE invests in employee professional development
- Monthly GrubHub allowance
- Free underground parking
- We’re an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team
- The LAVY Awards recognize and reward excellence
More about LAVIDGE
- LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies. Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge. See for yourself.
Interested in applying?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org