RIESTER is seeking a Business Development Specialist who can assist with the implementation, tracking and measurement of business development actions. The right person is a skilled writer with experience in RFP/RFI writing, or related technical writing like grants, as well as an eager researcher. They will apply excellent communications skills to engage the internal network of executives to present and evaluate opportunities. The right candidate will also have the ability to multitask while staying focused on the end goal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a prospecting framework and actions on it daily, including identifying relevant contacts and strategizing on customized methods of outreach.
- Reports to executive leadership and collaborates on vetting client prospects.
- Leads the production of request for proposal and request for information responses: writes the cohesive draft, integrates existing sources, and customizes tone/lexicon.
- Manages consistent outreach to prospective clients via regularly scheduled e-blasts and custom communications.
- Implements, tracks and measures new business development actions and related CRM.
- Proactively researches priority industries and companies to uncover contract opportunities.
- Proactively mines relevant databases, newsletters and all relevant media to uncover contract opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal teams to proactively integrate relevant industry lexicon into proactive communications plans intended for prospecting.
- Proactively identifies and conducts due diligence on relevant external communications opportunities like conferences and tradeshows.
- Identifies emerging contracting trends like new specialties for evaluation and consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in business development
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software
- Familiarity with implementing social media as a prospecting tool
- Effective research strategies
- Effective time management and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to manage end-to-end internal communications that results in completed internal projects
- Carries out strategies through prospect contact, proposal development and presentation effective follow-up and new business project management
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to work independently but also in a team environment
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Privately owned, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in El Segundo, Washington DC and Park City. This position is located in Phoenix, AZ
- Competitive benefits, including medical, HSA match, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid holidays, vacation, hybrid work arrangements and more
- Legendary culture, and dog-friendly offices!
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org